The Best VPN Services for 2022
A VPN expert compares & reviews the best VPN services on the market in 2022.
Best VPN for 2022
- High encryption via the AES-256-GCM cipher
- WireGuard (NordLynx) protocol in use across its network
- Extra security features like multihop and diskless servers
- Verified zero-logs policy and no IP or DNS leaks
- Streams US Netflix and allows P2P traffic on many servers
- Easy-to-use apps and 24/7 live chat support
- Firestick app doesn't work well with Netflix
- Android app has no kill switch
- Doesn't accept PayPal
- Consistently fast speeds across any distance
- Unblocks 10 Netflix regions, DAZN, HBO & more
- AES-256 encryption, diskless servers & no data logs
- Privacy-friendly British Virgin Islands (BVI) jurisdiction
- Smart DNS for Apple TV, smart TV & gaming devices
- Excellent 24/7 live customer support
- More expensive than its rivals
- No VPN kill switch on iOS
- No Linux user interface
- Automatic WiFi protection setting
- 7,400 servers across 91 countries
- Dedicated IPs for remote private access
- Doesn't log personal usage data
- Smart DNS tool for increased device compatibility
- 24/7 support and 45-day refund guarantee
- Not as fast as its rivals over long distances
- Browser extensions are limited in features
- Mobile & macOS apps missing some features
- Doesn’t work in China, Turkey or the UAE
- Incompatible with Chromebooks
- Blazing speeds
- Inexpensive and has a multitude of pricing plans
- Can ublock Netflix, BBC iPlayer
- Both a free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee
- Incredibly user-friendly
- Small server network
- Not many extras
- Very affordable on a two-year subscription plan
- Streams Netflix, HBO Max and more
- GPS spoofing setting on Android app
- Unlimited device connections
- Advanced features and extra settings
- Slow connections to some servers
- No port forwarding
- No IPv6 leak protection
- Un-audited logging policy
- 29,643 servers in 78 countries
- Verified zero-logs policy
- Streams US Netflix and BBC iPlayer
- Works in highly censored countries
- Many advanced security settings
- Great native Linux application
- Mac client has usability issues
- Unreliable Smart DNS tool
- Firestick app needs improvements
Why Do I Need a VPN?
No one likes to be watched or tracked — even if they have nothing to hide. That’s why it’s important you step up your privacy game. When you’re browsing through a VPN, your traffic is encrypted so no one can see what you do online.
Best VPN deals 2022
The best deals VPN service in 2022 selected by experts!
A VPN is a technology that protects you from tracking, censorship and fraud online.
VPNs create a virtual network that allows anonymous and secure access to the internet.
In a small way, yes, as a VPN uses encryption and connects to a remote server. These extra steps are what’s keeping your connection safe, secure, and private. However, using a high-quality VPN service can mitigate latency’s impact to a point where speed loss is barely noticeable.
VPNs are legal in most countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada. Certain countries, such as China and Russia, have laws against using a VPN to bypass banned websites.
Regardless of the country you’re in, doing anything illegal while you’re connected to a VPN is still illegal.
Never miss an offer